Repeated or heavy lifting can strain the back and leave you with aching or injured back muscles.
The American Academy of Family Physicians advises:
- Test how heavy something is before you lift it.
- Make sure boxed items are packed properly so the weight is balanced.
- Get a good grip on an item before you lift. Affix handles if possible.
- Use a ladder or get as near to the item as possible. Lift with your legs and arms instead of your back.
- Move slowly and smoothly, keeping the item close to the center of your body.
- Warm up first, and take frequent breaks. Don’t attempt to lift something that is too heavy. Seek help when needed.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.