Inline skating is a fun way to get active. But it also can lead to injury.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons recommends:
- Learn basic skills before you skate into areas with traffic, especially how to stop.
- Wear protective gear, including a helmet, wrist protectors, elbow pads and knee pads.
- Do some warmup exercises before skating.
- Keep to the right side of the road while skating, and avoid weaving in and out of traffic. Always obey all traffic signs.
- Don’t skate in areas that are crowded with pedestrians.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.