A circuit training regimen typically includes eight to 10 exercises targeting different areas of the body.
The American Council on Exercise mentions these potential benefits:
- Helps prevent exercise boredom. Circuit training is a quick, fast-paced workout with lots of variety.
- The routine is flexible, based on your needs and preferences.
- Circuit training can incorporate both strengthening and cardiovascular exercises.
- Depending on the routine’s intensity and duration, you can burn quite a few calories.
- Your routine may contain a limitless variety of exercises, which can be done most anywhere.