Cooking with a bit of oil can add flavor and healthier fat to your meal. Just be careful not to overdo it.
The American Heart Association recommends:
- Canola oil, which has a mild flavor that can be used to saute, marinate, bake or fry.
- Olive oil, which comes in a variety of flavors and can be used for roasting, grilling and sauteing.
- Peanut oil, which can be used to make homemade peanut butter, and for stir-frying, baking, roasting and frying.
- Sesame oil, which is available in light and bold flavors and can be used to flavor many Indian, Korean and Chinese dishes.
- Vegetable oil, which is made from a variety of plants and has a mild flavor.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.