A warm and cozy campfire is a nice touch when you’re enjoying the great outdoors. But always remember to focus on safety.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources advises:
- Select a campfire spot that’s far from any dangling tree branches.
- Use a metal fire ring or create a ring of rocks around the fire pit.
- Create a space five feet around the fire pit that is cleared, down to the soil.
- If you need extra wood, store it at a distance from the fire, and make sure it’s upwind. Keep a shovel and bucket of water near the fire.
- Never discard a match until it is completely extinguished and cool. And always make sure someone is watching the fire at all times.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.