There’s no standard age at which a child can safely stay home alone. It depends on the individual and his or her maturity and responsibility.
The University of Michigan Health System says before a child can stay alone, he or she should be able to:
- Make appropriate decisions.
- Handle an emergency.
- Behave in a mature manner.
- Be trusted to follow all the rules of the house.
- Follow safety guidelines, especially in an emergency.
- Use the phone independently.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply