As crib safety standards have changed, parents should always check to be sure cribs are up to date and safe.
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises:
- If possible, buy a new crib to make sure it meets current safety standards.
- Drop-side cribs are not considered safe and no longer legally sold or manufactured as of 2011.
- If your crib has a drop railing, contact the manufacturer to see about an immobilizer.
- If you have an older crib, check the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s recall list to be sure yours is not affected.
- Keep the crib clear of blankets, bumpers, pillows, stuffed toys, positioning devices and other hazards.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.