The laundry room isn’t a place for kids to play, but kids will be kids.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says parents should:
- Avoid using detergent pods, and keep all cleaning products out of a child’s reach.
- Install childproof locks on front-loading washers and dryers to prevent children from crawling inside.
- Clean the dryer’s lint trap after each use to help prevent fires. Make sure dryers are vented outdoors to help prevent moisture buildup.
- Prevent tipping by forbidding children to hang on the doors of washers or dryers.
- Teach kids that washers and dryers are not toys.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.