If you have low blood pressure that drops low enough, you can feel dizzy or as if you’re going to faint.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute offers these suggestions to help people with low blood pressure:
- Get up slowly after sitting or lying down. Move your legs before you start to stand up.
- Eat smaller, lower-carbohydrate meals.
- Avoid standing for long stretches. If that’s not possible, move frequently and consider compression stockings.
- Drink lots of liquids, preferably drinks that contain potassium and sodium.
- Stay calm and avoid situations that are frightening or unpleasant.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply