Getting ears pierced must be done with sterile equipment, and parents and kids need to know how to take care of new piercings at home, says Riley Hospital for Children.
To avoid infection, the hospital suggests:
- Never pierce the ears of newborns.
- Make sure sterile procedures are in place.
- Choose hypoallergenic metals.
- Don’t neglect new piercings.
- Do not remove or change earrings for at least six weeks.
- Watch for signs of infection.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply