The teen years can be an exciting time as teens become new drivers, and become passengers in their friends’ cars.
But every day, six teens are killed in motor vehicle crashes in the United States, says Safe Kids. Often, these accidents can be prevented.
Safe Kids encourages parents of new drivers to:
- Be a good role model when driving. Buckle up for every ride, in every seat.
- Set clear expectations about your family’s driving rules.
- Define zero-tolerance rules for speeding, alcohol and texting.
- Limit the number of passengers allowed in the car with your teen.
- Make sure your teen gets enough practice in a variety of road conditions.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply