Your lifestyle plays a key role in determining your heart health. And it’s never too early or too late to begin protecting your heart.
The American Heart Association suggests:
- Adopt a healthy eating regimen, focusing on foods with low salt and low saturated fat. Eat plenty of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and fish.
- Choose lean meats and low-fat dairy products.
- Exercise regularly! Aim for at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise.
- At least twice per week, perform strengthening exercises that work all of your muscles.
- Make sure children get a minimum of one hour of exercise per day.
- Learn the warning signs of heart attack or stroke, such as chest pain or tightness, shortness of breath, pressure, dizziness or weakness on one side of the body.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.