The body relies on many systems to coordinate balance, says KidsHealth.
The ears, eyes, joints and muscles all work together to keep a person steady and upright. Without good balance, simple activities, such as walking, riding a bike or doing school work, can be difficult and frustrating.
Signs of balance disorders may include:
- An unsteady, “woozy” feeling that makes motion difficult.
- Vertigo, dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Involuntary eye movements.
- Discomfort with sun glare or lights.
- Depth perception difficulty.
If you think you or someone you love may have a balance problem, call your doctor.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply