Keeping kids’ hands clean goes a long way toward keeping children healthy, especially if they attend daycare or school.
The Mayo Clinic recommends:
- Showing your child how to properly wash hands. Supervise the first few sessions.
- Having your child wash hands frequently throughout the day.
- Making sure your child scrubs long enough. Have the child sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice.
- Keeping a stepstool nearby to help your small child reach the sink.
- Keeping hand sanitizer within reach if soap and water aren’t available. Make sure hands are dry before the child touches anything.
Copyright © 2024 HealthDay. All rights reserved.