If you have a dry, flaky scalp, a dandruff shampoo used correctly can help stem those flakes.
The American Academy of Dermatology advises:
- There are different types of dandruff shampoos with different active ingredients. Make sure you carefully read and follow the label’s instructions.
- People of Asian or Caucasian heritage should limit use of dandruff shampoo to twice weekly.
- People of African-American ethnicity should limit use of dandruff shampoo to once weekly.
- People with white, blond or gray hair should be careful when using dandruff shampoo that contains coal tar, which can affect hair’s color.
- Protect your scalp from the sun if you use tar shampoo, which may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.