Finding the right shoe for a growing toddler is important, since your little one is learning to navigate the world on his own two feet.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends:
- Let babies be barefoot as long as possible to help improve balance. Opt for shoes once your toddler starts to walk outside.
- Choose comfortable footwear, such as sneakers, that will feel good on your toddler’s feet.
- Look for shoes that have non-skid soles to prevent slipping.
- Opt for shoes that are well made, but don’t spend a ton of money. They’ll be outgrown quickly!
- Make sure shoes aren’t too tight. A proper fit is about a finger’s width between the end of the longest toe and the tip of the shoe.