The lighting in your bedroom is crucial to helping you get much-needed sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation advises:
- Opt for a small book light instead of a bedside lamp or overhead light if you want to read while your partner sleeps.
- Use a bulb in your bedside lamp that is no more than 60 watts. It’s bright enough to allow reading without making the room too bright.
- Use a bulb that filters out blue light, which can interfere with your body’s sleep rhythms.
- Use a lamp shade that covers the entire bulb.
- Turn off the light when you’re ready to sleep, rather than falling asleep with the light on.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply