A fetus is vulnerable to harm in its very early stages, before you may know you are pregnant.
For women of childbearing age who are thinking of becoming pregnant, the American Academy of Family Physicians recommends:
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and illegal drugs.
- Eat nutritious food, and get plenty of folic acid.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Get regular exercise.
- Be careful using appliances such as hot tubs.
- Avoid potentially harmful chemicals.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.