Back pain is a common reason for poor sleep. So taking steps to alleviate or prevent pain can help you sleep better.
The National Sleep Foundation suggests:
- If you sleep on your back, place a pillow under your knees to help alleviate back pain.
- If you’re a stomach sleeper, place a pillow under your belly.
- If you’re a side sleeper, use a pillow between your knees.
- Invest in a new mattress. Choose one that’s firm or medium-firm for more support. Or plant a sheet of beneath your existing mattress.
- Get out of bed slowly and gently. Instead of sitting straight up, roll onto your side, push up with your hands and swing your legs over the side.
- Exercise regularly, making sure to perform strengthening exercises that focus on your back and core.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply