Your skin may be exposed to plenty of things that can make it look older, including the sun, pollution and harsh skin-care products.
But there are things you can do to help keep you looking younger. The American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- Wear sunscreen every day, even when you’re not at the beach or pool.
- Don’t smoke, limit alcohol and eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Get regular exercise.
- Avoid repeatedly making the same facial expressions, such as squinting.
- Clean skin gently and avoid harsh scrubbing. Wash your face in the morning, before bed and after sweating heavily, and always follow with a moisturizer.
- Avoid any product that causes stinging or burning, which usually means it’s irritating your skin.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.