Avocados are a nutrient-rich, versatile food that offer many health benefits.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics mentions this:
- Avocados are a good source of folate, potassium and vitamins E, C and B6.
- They’re rich in soluble fiber and monounsaturated (heart-healthy) fats.
- They contain plant sterols that can help lower cholesterol, lutein to promote healthier eyesight and antioxidants that may protect against cancer.
- To spot a ripe avocado, look for one that is slightly soft when you press gently with your palm.
- Mash avocados with a fork to turn into a spread, or slice them and add to sandwiches or salad.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.