Tiny fungi can creep under your toenails and cause an infection, leading to a number of unpleasant symptoms.
The American Podiatric Medical Association says signs of toenail fungus include nails that:
- Are darker white or more yellow than usual.
- Have a strong odor.
- Accumulate debris below the surface, such as white flecks.
- Become thick and may be difficult to cut.
- Are infected and transmit that infection to neighboring nails.
- Are painful, making it more difficult to walk.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply